Here’s a reminder of the oldest serving bishop-ordinaries in the US. According to canon law, bishops offer their resignation to the Pope after they reach the age of 75, so eventually we can look forward to news of their successors.
Already over 75:
- Seattle: Abp. Alexander Burnett
- Oklahoma City: Abp. Eusebius Beltran
- Philadelphia: Justin Cardinal Rigali
- Savannah: Bp. John Boland
- Trenton: Bp. John Mortimer Smith (Coadjutor Bp. David O’Connell is in place.)
- Yakima: Bp. Carlos Sevilla, SJ